Monday, January 20, 2014

Menu Managed #3

That's right, 2014, week three meal planning and grocery shopping for this family is complete... DONE!  Now, let's just hope recovery from last week's horribleness keeps going strong.  I had moments today, while out running errands, when I thought maybe I should have stayed in bed. I had three coughing fits that wore me out, and my respiratory system still seems compromised, but I have things to do, places to go, and little stinkers to drive to and from school starting again tomorrow. I also have a healthy supply of green tea, wildflower honey, Ricola lemon mint lozenges, baby formula Vicks, Kleenex boxes, and Purell.

So, aside from some small discomfort, I was productive today and am happy to proclaim "Momma is back in the business of feeding her brood."  And, I managed to keep grocery costs under budget, too. I even picked up all of mom's groceries (again, under budget), and plan on preparing some of her favorite healthy sauces, snacks, teas, and desserts tomorrow.

Biggest bonus today: waking up to clean kitchen counters, clean clothes, cleaned house... thank you family.

What's dinner this week, you ask?

Monday: Build your own burritos ~ flour tortillas, pinto beans, bacon, avocado, jack cheese, green chile salsa.

Tuesday: Pasta with tomato basil sauce, Italian sausage, caesar salad, and garlic bread.

Wednesday: Build your own tostada ~ crisp corn tortilla, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, black olives, shredded jack and cheddar cheese.

Thursday: Meatball, marinara, and provolone cheese sandwiches.

Friday: Rotisserie chicken, oven roasted potatoes, coleslaw.

What's dinner at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment