Friday, January 3, 2014

Food For Thought

No, I kid... just food. So, what was dinner tonight? We had roast beef sandwiches - Dietz & Watson thinly sliced London Broil, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, and rings of red onion, with mayo and a few dashes of D&W hoagie dressing on delicious rolls from Costco bakery. I usually make French dip sandwiches, but this time only my son opted for that. Crispy, crunchy Lay's Kettle Cooked potato chips rounded out the meal. Did I mention it was delicious?

So far, 2014 has gotten off to a good start with regard to family dinners. We welcomed in the year with a lovely salmon, roasted garlic seasoned wild rice, tossed greens topped with my version of Hoppin' John salad. I fixed sandwiches for dinner last night too, but hot - meatball, marinara, and mozzarella cheese on french rolls... yum.

Everyone is looking forward to tomorrow's dinner of chicken enchilada casserole, pinto beans, and Mexican-style rice. I forgot what I had in mind for Sunday; might take things easy with a nice pasta dish.

Yes, 2014 has gotten of to a very nice start... a huge improvement over the last few, very lean years. For me there is no better feeling than knowing I can feed my family well rounded meals for dinner.

Breakfast and lunch are pretty much every man and child for themselves. The way I see it, if you're taller than me, you can get your own food.

What delicious foods have you enjoyed so far this year?

~ Products and establishments mentioned in this blog post are not paid endorsements... I just like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment