Thursday, March 6, 2014

Half Hour 'til Midnight

I headed over to BlogHer tonight in search of a hint or prompt of what to write about tonight, and in keeping with this month's theme:"So what is the NaBloPoMo theme of the month? SELF" Who are you? No, really, we want to know. That's why we read your blog. Isn't that a little crazy? That there are people out there who are fascinated with... YOU....Does blogging bring out your best or worst self?"

Hmmm... best or worst self. Well, if one considers that all I can do is be honest and try my best to make my thoughts understood; I happily welcome visitors to my post and hope they read each one through. It is in that respect that I'd say blogging brings out the best in me.

The times when, if I'm to be completely honest, I feel like the worst of me is present is when I think I have to defend myself. I blog for me. I blog with the idea that perhaps, even a single sentence may be of help to someone. But, there have been a couple of instances when I've been attacked due to who knows what. I'm not responsible for a readers feelings, mood, or disposition when they choose to read my blog. And, while I do appreciate honest dialogue, I prefer not to be told what to write... you know, all that lollipops, rainbows and puppies type stuff. I'm writing about real life; my life, and I'm not going to stop.

So, I hope readers will appreciate my efforts, and find it in themselves to offer honest and constructive comments without seeming hurtful. I in return will always do my best to be genuine and my writing purposeful.

What brings out the best; worst in you when you blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment